COBIT® 5 Foundation
COBIT 5 Foundation course is developed for anyone interested in obtaining foundation-level knowledge of COBIT. The course explains the COBIT framework and supporting materials in a logical and example-driven approach.
Participants will learn more about:
- How IT management issues are affecting organizations
- The need for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT
- How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
- The functions that COBIT provides and the benefits of using COBIT
- How to apply COBIT in a practical situation
While this course has no specific prerequisites, it is assumed that students will have a basic understanding of IT and IT concepts.
This course is itself a prerequisite those wishing to progress to the COBIT 5 Implementation certificate and/or the COBIT 5 Assessor certificate.
The target group of the COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate comprises business managers, chief executives, IT/IS auditors, internal auditors, information security and IT practitioners; consultants, IT/IS managers requiring an insight into the enterprise governance of IT and eventual certification as a COBIT implementer or assessor.
Module 1 – Overview and key features of COBIT 5
Module 2 – The COBIT 5 Principles
Module 3 – The COBIT 5 Enablers
Module 4 – Implementation
Module 5 – Process Capability and Process Assessment
COBIT 5 Implementation course
Successful Completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam
COBIT 5 Implementation is designed for:
• IT Managers
• IT Auditors
• IT Governance Managers
• Senior Business Managers/Leaders
• Independent consultants who advise on IT governance
Topics covered include:
Module 1: COBIT 5 Implementation
• The Life cycle Approach
• Inter related Components of the Life cycle
• Understanding the Enterprise internal and external factors
• Key success factors for implementation
• The 7 phases of the Life cycle model explained
• The 7 Change Enablement Characteristics used in the Life cycle
• Change Enablement Relationships to the Continual Improvement Life cycle
• Making the Business Case
• Appendix : Summary of the differences between COBIT 4.1 and COBIT 5
Module 2 –Exam preparation
• Exam Tips & Tricks
• Mock Exam
COBIT® 5 Assessor
The course provides the basis for assessing an enterprise’s process capabilities against the COBIT 5 Process Reference Model (PRM). Evidence-based to enable a reliable, consistent and repeatable way to assess IT process capabilities, this model helps IT leaders gain C-level and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives.
Assessment results provide a determination of process capability. They can be used for process improvement, delivering value to the business, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance. The course is supported by practical exercises and engaging case-based scenarios.
A successful practitioner candidate will be able to become an assessor or a lead assessor and apply for full ISACA certification if they can supply further proof of the competences required by ISACA.
Successful Completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam.
Internal & external Auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits.
IT auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits.
Consultants who want to be allowed to perform independent process assessments on behalf of their clients.
At the end of this course, you will gain competencies in:
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide / COBIT 5
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (The PAM) in performing a process capability assessment
- To use the Process Reference Model, in particular to be able to use the 37 processes outlined in the PRM
- To apply and analyse the measurement model in assessing process capability levels
- To apply and analyse the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide
- Initiate a process assessment
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes
- Plan and brief the teams
- Collect and validate the data
- Do a process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment
- How to use the self-assessment guide
- 16 Sep 18 Sep 2019 Monday, 9AMto6PM ITIL® 4 Foundation Aleksandar Malinov Boulevard 85, 1712 g.k. Mladost 4, Sofia
- 07 Oct 11 Oct 2019 Monday, 9AMto6PM ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis Aleksandar Malinov Boulevard 85, 1712 g.k. Mladost 4, Sofia
- 21 Oct 23 Oct 2019 Monday, 9AMto6PM ITIL® 4 Foundation Aleksandar Malinov Boulevard 85, 1712 g.k. Mladost 4, Sofia
- 13 Nov 15 Nov 2019 Wednesday, 9AMto6PM ITIL® 4 Foundation Aleksandar Malinov Boulevard 85, 1712 g.k. Mladost 4, Sofia
You are interested in ITIL Training?
Contact us for more information